The PayTek installation procedure will install PayTek onto your computer’s hard disk.
After downloading the installer run it (it should be in your downloads folder named PayTek_full_install.exe)
Select Full Installation to install the program.
PayTek uses the Borland Database Engine (BDE) to access the data files. This is a shared system that may be used by other applications on your system.
If you wish to access PayTek from another workstation you can select Workstation Setup. This will install the BDE on the workstation if necessary and create a shortcut on your desktop linked to PayTek on your server drive.
Enter your user name and organisation (This should be the registered owner of the software, and will appear on the front screen whenever PayTek is loaded. You also enter your licence number (supplied in your welcome email or on your tax invoice).
During the installation process, you will be asked to enter the full drive and path where you want to install PayTek. The default is C:\Paytek, and it is recommended that you accept this default unless there is a specific reason for choosing a different location.
After this, the appropriate files will be installed into the nominated folder on your hard disk.
When the installation procedure is finished a new menu option, PayTek will have been added to the Windows Start menu and a shortcut to PayTek will appear on your desktop.
To start PayTek, simply click on the shortcut on your desktop or Select Start, Programs then PayTek.
There is some setting up to do before you start entering data into PayTek. These steps are explained in detail in Section 3 — Setting up your Payroll.
To most efficiently setup the file, it is important that you observe the following sequence: —
- Create the data files with the new company wizard specifying the financial year and first pay period end date
- Enter your company details
- Setup any departments for employee reporting
- Establish your Pay Items (i.e. the components that each pay is made up of, like ordinary time, car allowance, social club deductions etc)
- Setup Pay Item Groups for calculating superannuation, custom reports and accruals
- Setup Superannuation funds for your employees
- Setup Custom Reports if required
- Setup your employees with accruals if required and standard pays
- Enter existing year-to-date payroll data
The next chapter steps thru the above process to create your payroll file ready for processing you first payrun.